Are you really getting a full tank of LP when you exchange tanks?

Discussion in 'Grilling with Gas' started by Hank Young, Aug 2, 2013.

?

I turn my grill on high to clean the grill.....

1. Immediately after grilling

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Before the next time I grill

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hank Young

Hank Young New Member

I was having lunch with an owner of a LP gas distributor and we started talking about the companies who offer tank exchanges for about $19.00. He shocked me when he said most of these companies only put in about 15lbs of gas in a 20lb tank! I took my tank to him the next day and he filled it up the old fashion way and then weighed it for me. Just a hair under 20lbs. (weight of tank excluded). It was heavier than I was used to carrying around (and he only charged 14.00). I guess it pays to have your tanks refilled instead of just swapping tanks.

I'm a newbie here, and this is my first post. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

2. Brian

Brian Jack of all grills and master of none.

Welcome to GMF.

It is amazing how big of a scam the tank replacements are.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3. Feeshrman

Feeshrman New Member

Very interesting, you would think this business would be regulated, just like gas station pumps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. coyote1

coyote1 Member

I had a old tank that I couldn't get filled so I took it to walmart and exchanged it for a new one and that was the last time I did a exchange I think they tell you the weight on the label it cost me about $16.00 to get a 20# filled I get mine filled at a welding shop

5. Brian

Brian Jack of all grills and master of none.

The only time ill do a exchange is if I need a new tank or in a extreme emergency.