Deep Fried

Discussion in 'Deep Fried' started by Stanley King, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Stanley King

Stanley King Member

I enjoy getting the Turkey fryer out and do Breaded Okra, or Potatoes. Really a lot of veggies are good for frying, like Yellow Squash, Eggplant and Sweet Potato fries. Then there is the Fish thingy; HUSHPUPPIES... and Corn Dodgers (Corn meal in boiling water for 2mins., remove let cool and form little patties and fry quickly).

Fried Corn in an Iron Skillet is great,just Butter,fresh Corn cut off the cob(use the back of the knife to get the milk from the Cob), Salt/Pepper and let if fry until it crust over in the bottom of the pan.Stirr it and carmelize it all then serve;you won't belive how good it taste.

Jusy sayin.........

2. :cool:
    Well some of that sounds pretty good there Stan.

3. Brian

Brian Jack of all grills and master of none.

mmmmmmmmm hushpuppoes

4. Dutch

Dutch New Member

Yum-I love fried okra, fried corn., greens and anything to do with corn meal! My friends and neighbors think Im really strange when I tell them how much I love 'Southern" food especailly when they know I'm Utah born and raised. All I can do is shrug my shoulders and tell them that the blood of the South runs deep in my veins. My 4th Great grand Dad was an Alabama man!

5. SupercenterChef

SupercenterChef New Member

interesting...Corn Dodgers sound similar to our Hot Water Cornbread!

6. Stanley King

Stanley King Member

same...

7. Apryl

Apryl New Member

Okay, so this is probably a crazy question, but I am both a fan of a great, quality steak, as well as deep-fried food.

Can I ever combine these two loves? Continuing with my current Wagyu beef obsession, I bought some stew meat, and realized, that theoretically, I could deep fry it in my landlord's decked-out kitchen. However, I am concerned, since the meat is so expensive. This is what I bought: Wagyu Beef Stew Meat. It's on sale, could not help myself!)

But should I waste it on testing out deep frying techniques? I'm hesitant.

8. Brian

Brian Jack of all grills and master of none.

Sounds like a great country fried steak to me Apryl. If it was me I would give it a shop with a few pieces.