Tools

Discussion in 'Grilling Tools' started by Brian, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Jack of all grills and master of none. Staff Member

I know I have a set of grilling tools that I like to use. What is everyones must have for grilling?

2. Bigfish98

Bigfish98 New Member

I love my rotiserrie. I have produced some spectacular birds with it. It is definately a must have in my book.

Bigfish

3. Denny74

Denny74 Member

I guess it depends on what I'm grilling but, my favorite tongs and a roll of tinfoil always seem to find there way on my grill every time.

4. Brian

mine are a grill brush, Tongs and a flipper. Also have a pigtail flipper for steaks.

5. Jocoque

Jocoque New Member

In my case, a big flipper, tongs, a sharp knife, lots of clean handkerchiefs, paper towel and some beer :cool:

6. PoRkLvR

PoRkLvR New Member

Tongs are my go to tool....and beer or course. Heck, if i had enough beer i wouldn't even need the tongs....i'd just flip with my fingers :D

7. :cool:
    A good feeling tongs easy to use and steady are a most on my grills. I don't like to poke my meat with anything till I'm eating it.

8. str8upnobs

str8upnobs Member

2 sets of utensils- 1 for the food (Tongs,Spatula,Grilling Fork) 1 for the grill itself ( Tongs,Grill Brush,Mechanix gloves - for those hot spots & prepping the grill/smoker, Chimney Starter, Plenty of old dot matrix printer paper).
    Also keep a spare "food" set in case of emergency & not enough time to clean 'em up.

Oh yeah & of course i can't forget the beer :) . Also bought a rib rack back in July , just prior to going on the veggies.....this thread just reminded me of that. I'll have to break it out & give it a run.

9. Brian

Does anyone have OCD like me and have 2 sets 1 for raw meat and one for cooked meat?

10. str8upnobs

str8upnobs Member

Kind of....that's my "emergency set" i mentioned. Only go to it if the wife does'nt have time to or won't clean 'em up for me in between "raw" & "cooked".

11. Brian

LOL thats funny

12. str8upnobs

str8upnobs Member

I can't be bothered w/ the cleanin' while i'm cookin' ,lol. If i fail , we all fail & that means no Good Eats ( which btw, is my favorite show on Food Network). I know i'm all over the place :).

13. Brian

They moved good eats to cooking channel which is 232 on DTV in case you needed to know that information.

14. str8upnobs

str8upnobs Member

Ahaah....i thought the show just got yanked a year or two ago.Alton always seemed to be on every other FOOD show , but could never find Good Eats.Guess i never bothered to investigate the guide on DirecTV to see if it moved elsewhere. Thanks 4 the info!

15. SupercenterChef

SupercenterChef New Member

Amen!--Mr. Brown never fails to impress...I consult his work often before starting a new project--so, does he count as a 'tool'?

16. str8upnobs

str8upnobs Member

lol, i think i myself would classify him as a "resource" ..... tool may imply some negative connotations,lol. I get what you are saying though , he does his thing in a totally different way . & is superb at explaining the process , and even the history/thought process behind it.

17. Rick B

Rick B New Member

Got this at the Savannah Fall Outdoor show last Oct. Aint used it yet...Yikes

ggaj.JPG

Cleaning end is made for all types of grates.
    ggaj1.JPG

18. Apryl

Apryl New Member

Where does everyone get their grilling tools and accessories from? I usually utilize this site: BBQGrillPartsUSA , but I am open to any suggestions to find some unique grilling tools. Thanks!

19. Brian

There are lots of great places to get grill parts. I usually search several sites including Amazon when searching for parts. For remote thermometers I like to use http://www.amazenproducts.com/